Sketch of a Rose

I took on a little painting project recently (that has since failed). The project was to paint a pair of roses for a wedding card. It turns out that it was a bigger project than I had realised. Even so, once again I am very much in love with the idea of painting! 

This pencil sketch of a rose was the first step of my project. The process of drawing it was so surprisingly smooth that I thought, "How hard could it be to do it in colour?" The answer is: "Very!"

I have photographed it and 'cleaned it up' 
by erasing the surrounding smudgy areas 
on the computer.







I hope it is as nice as I think it is. There are times when I have been happy with a drawing only to look upon it later on in a new light, an unflattering and disappointing new light. 


I will post my attempts at painting it in watercolour over the next few days. *fingers crossed*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Heavens! That's absolutely gorgeous! Perfect!! One could not ask for more, and indeed, if one did, one would either be an utter perfectionist or a finicky..err finicker!!